eeBoo | Piece & Love seeking a Product and Package Designer
Notes/To apply: Please apply through Indeed
Submit a cover letter about why you relate to eeBoo’s product and brand. Please back-up your interest with real-life examples.
Portfolio submission of products/packaging you have designed is required.
Applications without portfolio and cover will not be reviewed.
eeBoo + Piece & Love is a boutique toy manufacturer that specializes in useful, beautiful, and well-made educational games and gifts. Our products are sold in both Specialty Toy stores and high-end Gift Shops as well as Museum stores, Bookstores, Art Supply stores and other non-big box venues.
We create refreshing toys and gifts that are 100% original (no licenses) and we commission our artwork from well-known and well-loved children’s book illustrators. Everything we make is meant for wholesome individual or family play and our products are 90% recycled and made with sustainable practices and vegetable-based inks.
As our company continues to grow, we are seeking an enthusiastic designer with sensitivity to typography, patterns, and design principles to help support our growing product and marketing needs. Someone that has experience with packaging design, logo design, and layout. The ideal candidate is organized and detail-oriented, collaborative, can demonstrate spatial awareness, iterate quickly, and can comfortably flex between a variety of projects, across platforms, all while demonstrating a clear understanding of design fundamentals.
Applicants need to include examples of package design and show elements of design that trend closer to ‘gift’ than ‘toy’. Portfolios should reflect sophistication, smart, fanciful, fresh, vibrant, thoughtful, and classic design. If you can enjoy the tradition of graphic arts and can incorporate a sense of historical context to contemporary design, you will fit right in at eeBoo.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 5+ years or equivalent experience
- A portfolio demonstration your discerning eye regarding type choice, placement, and balance
- Knowledge of industry-standard design software and technologies
- Proficiency in the Adobe CC, more specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, and bonus points for other programs in the suite
- Strong knowledge of typography, color theory, composition
- Experience in digital and print design
- Comfortable articulating and presenting design and ideas
- Team-player that will engage
- Bonus: skills in photography
- Super-bonus: creative writing (but we totally get that is asking a LOT)
What we offer:
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: From $60,000.00 per year
Full Time Opportunity:
- Fully Remote
Hours per week:
Company's Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings